Monday, February 25, 2013

New sketches





Jardín Botánico Canario Viera y Clavijo , Las Palmas de Gran Canaria


Last week I was planning to go to Leroy Merlin (a French chain of mega hardware store) to buy thin pressed wood panels for my small formatted cactus paintings. Later on, I had to cut the panels and prime them with gesso, too. Surprisingly, I was pretty lucky to find something else in the local art store. And it saved me from lots of work, time and money :)   Canvas painting pads! 100 % cotton, 3 times primed with gesso 2 pads with 10 pages each, size of A4 and another one 10 pages, size of A3. First, I cut them for the size of my frames and glued them to their Plexiglas.After that, they looked like a canvas board. Afterwards, I printed my working files from Photoshop and transferred the images with copy paper. Here they are, as you see on the picture below, these are my first four sketches for the installation series.I will prepare 16 more pieces. They will have slightly different sizes. Once I finish them all, I will arrange them on my computer to show you how they will look all together. 


Work in progress Cactusueños small sizes


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment