Thursday, February 25, 2016

A new Linocut print for the Kitchen Stories series


The other day I was visiting a great collective exhibition called "El grabado" (meaning printed artwork) at CICCA, Gran Canaria. I was pretty surprised by their collection which consisted many famous artists such as Velasquez, Rembrandt, Goya, Picasso, Bacon and many more... All together 42 pieces of printed artwork with different printmaking techniques.

Watching to orijinal linocut artworks.

This is my favorite piece from the exhibition, a linocut by a famous Canarian artist Antonio PadrĂ³n. (They displayed his original lino plate also)


This is how I draw the negative image with my small light pad.

This lino hold redball pen ink well, so I transferred the image drawing and eliminating few things by hand. I may look for a white carbon paper for easier image transfer later on.

The carving the lino took many working hours. My composition was very detailed, so my patience level was very high

Carving  before proof printing

Cutting the paper for the prints

Prepared the registration lines for the paper (there is a line right at the edge of lino which doesn't show here).

Inking the plate with brayer

Carefully pressing the paper with the back of wooden spoon.

The magic moment, pulling the paper

This is the proof print. After checked its details, I found out few more places to carve. Next day I printed the final print below (see pic)

"Saturday mood", by Birsen Ozbilge, 2016
Limited Edition hand pulled linocut print ( Edition 1 of 25)
Paper size 6.5" x 9" ( 17 x 22 cm.)
Image size 4" x 6" (10 x 15 cm.)
Available, click on ETSY Shop


No comments:

Post a Comment