Wednesday, February 3, 2016

New Handmade Linocut Print is ready to ship! Be the first one to get it...

Here these are the photos of work in progress and the final linocut print. The idea of the design actually came out from a sketch I saw on my sketchbook. It was not exactly the same drawing, so first I had to modify it for linocut printing. It took two days of detailed carving work and another day for printing 15 editions. I titled the piece as "Sunday mood". 

cutting the lino, work in progress

inking the lino sheet

hand printing on paper

"Sunday mood" by Birsen Ozbilge 
Limited edition linocut print on acid free paper, 
(Edition 1 of 15)
Paper size 8" x 7" ( 20 x 17 cm.)
Image size 6" x 4.75" (15 x 11.5 cm)
 Available, click on SHOP

***************************************************


Drawing for landscape sketchbook

Yesterday I was out for drawing again. This time I was in Santa Brigida, a beautiful small town in Gran Canaria where I used to live first time we moved to the island. In this town there are several sculptures of children whom playing traditional street games. I love them a lot and I always wanted to draw them. So yesterday I set close to the church and draw about an hour and a half this lovely sculpture. It was really fun work and a challenging composition. 

"Kids are playing" sketchbook page 8

* Click on the images to see them larger.

* Click on comments to leave your opinion, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment