Tuesday, February 16, 2016

You think the wooden spoon is only for the soup, right? Well, you are wrong... :)

Last week worked on another linocut print. I had carved this linoblock long time ago and only printed the proof print. So this time it needed to be fixed for small adjustments and details. I printed the first few editions on Rives printmaking paper, pressing with the wooden spoon, this paper holds the ink very nicely but after a few prints I got tired by pushing the wooden spoon. I think on the long run I might need a table top printing press.

Pulling the print

"Exhibition hall" by Birsen Ozbilge, 2016
Limited Edition hand pulled linocut print ( Edition 1 of 25)
Paper size 9" x 10.5" ( 22 x 26.5 cm.)
Image size 11.5" x 14" (30 x 36.5 cm)
Available, click on ETSY Shop

Lately I have been working on a sketchbook drawings project. Every time we go somewhere in the island I take my sketchbook and pencil box with me to draw the landscape views. The other day we went to Telde, Melenara beach (see pic below). 

Sketching at Melenara beach

"Melenara beach" by Birsen Ozbilge, 2016
charcoal  drawing on sketchbook

* Click on the images to see them larger.

* Click on comments to leave your opinion, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment