Saturday, December 31, 2016

Happy New Year! A new linocut artwork before the year finishes

At the end of the year I always look through my blog posts and compare with the previous year. This year I think it was quite creative and productive for me. Because I am a self-learner, I did many experiments and learnt many things from my mistakes, and sometimes discovered new things. This is the way I like it! Life is an adventure to enjoy... Happy New Years to  you all!


This week I worked on a new linocut design. "Thursday mood" is the fifth piece of "Mood of the week days" series. I got inspired by a hashtag #TBT which indicates the first letters of "Throw back Thursday". Generally on Thursdays you share an old picture along with this hashtag. Let me tell you about the process; I did the sketch and to reverse the image I used a small Plexiglass board which comes with a light for seeing the lines easier on the back side of the paper (see pic). Afterwards, I transferred the reversed image on the lino sheet with a red ball pen, to transfer all the line art properly (see pic). Once the image was on the sheet, I went over the lines with the red ball pen, in order for all the lines to be fixed. After that, I carved the lino sheet. Once the carving is finished, I decided to check the negative image on a very thin paper with a charcoal stick. This is kind of a pre-proof stage for me. After seeing the result, I went over the lino a little bit more. I did the proof printing, and lastly, I fixed a few more details. 

Work in progress

"Thursday mood" by Birsen Ozbilge, 2016
Original limited edition handmade linocut print
(Edition of 25 only)
Paper size 6" x 8" (16 x 20 cm.)
Image size 4" x 6" (10 x 15 cm.)

Available, click on SHOP

* Click on the images to see them larger.

* Reply with a comment if you liked this.

* Join to my weekly newsletter mailing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment